Sunday, March 2, 2014

I'm 19

An hour and a half ago, I turned 19. My idyllic teenage youth is gone but I never lived the dreamy life of Bella Swan or a Nicholas Sparks character.

In light of this, I'd like to find for myself as much as I can to be thankful for (certain words new this year in bold):

  1. the money to spend a year at Gordon
  2. the best family and extended family
  3. the opportunity to have Snickers
  4. Charles
  5. nature, hiking the Adirondacks
  6. color and art
  7. new jobs and stretching experiences
  8. joy not being dependent on happiness
  9. Lord of the Rings, Jane Eyre
  10. the warmth of the sun
  11. the car accident
  12. "I See Fire," Needtobreathe, Lifehouse
  13. Indian food, Chipotle, spices, mangoes, chocolate, stir fry
  14. Katie, Stephanie, Julia, Rachel
  15. Camp K-9 dogs and staff relationships
  16. friends who teach me about myself and who I want to be
  17. the chance to ride Quinn
  18. God seeing me as flawless despite my sin and pride
  19. hope continually increasing toward death
God has given me such gifts but my life is not mine to do with as I please. The true measure of my life is looking on him for then I am "radiant and my face will never be covered with shame" (Psalm 34:5).